Saturday 25 May 2013

Eyes Of Ember by Rebecca Ethington

Eyes of Ember (Imdalind #2)
Title: Eyes of Ember
Author: Rebecca Ethington
Pages: 380 pages (kindle) 

Release Date: April 6th 2013 
Buy: Amazon
 

Goodreads Summary

Joclyn is in hiding, hunted by the man she still desperately loves. Ryland is gone, his mind erased, no memory of Joclyn remains. But, Joclyn’s heart desperately begs her to hold out hope. While, in reality the black eyed monster that possesses him, attempts to kill her over and over.

If it wasn’t for Ilyan, Joclyn would be dead by now. 

Ilyan. The man who once stalked her, is now Joclyn’s protector, the only thing she has left. He protects Joclyn from the men who seek to end her life, and while she is haunted by dreams where Ryland begs her to break the bond between them. 

Ilyan is there. Always there.

Ilyan trains and prepares her, teaching her everything she needs to know in the hope that one day she can avenge Ryland, if not protect herself from him.

And then there is her father.

The man who has never been there, is suddenly responsible for everything. And who he is has made Joclyn into something she never wanted to be.

The Silnỳ.





I’m not going to lie. I really did not expect to love this series, it’s magic for goodness sake. But I love it nevertheless. This book less so than the first, the second book in the series starts off slowish. I completely understand why and it works so well with the story and everything however compared to everything that has happened in the last book I was kinda disappointed with the start of this book. Sure there are little secrets that Joclyn needs to discover and for everything to make sense and of course for her to train so she can go head to head with the love of her life, her mate, her everything. But stillllllll.

The story can grip you, can absorb you into it and make you live it but there are some bits that are far too fairy tale for this story. It works and it doesn’t at the same time, the whole magic heals you thing (a little bit too Charmed for my liking) I wanted more spells, more woosh, more explosions (okay that would pretty much be Charmed and witchy and not go with the story [but I wanted the magic to be more distinguished]). Okay what is up with the flying? I get its magic and it’s all great and magical but seriously flying. That’s a little bit too farfetched for me, I’m not saying jump on a broom stick and fly during the night but I expected something different I guessed. It doesn’t mean I loved it any less, no but just have conflicted feelings about this.

This is my problem with books. I always like the wrong guy. I get that Joclyn and Ryland are meant to be. That they are soul-mates, and love each other and I love that. But I still like Ilyan, I have no idea why but I think he’s really adorable and cute apart from his hair, I don’t like long hair on guys it creeps me out. I think it’s the fact that Ry is now evil and all I need to kill the love of my life because I’ve lost all of my memory including being in love and my bitch of a father is controlling me. Wow it really does suck to be Ryland.

The story goes so smoothly! It’s great, there aren’t that many books that are told so nicely like this. Until it gets to a battle. Then everything I read is mush, I don’t know if it’s me but everything slows down and gets confusing  I have no idea what is happening half the time during one of the battles; and I don’t know if it’s because I’m not a big fan of them or if it’s just the way there told. I always feel confused after a battle takes place which is a shame as I love this book and the rest of the time everything runs so slickly.

I did kinda go bleugh on this review and it might sound as if I didn't enjoy the book but that’s anything but. I was glued to my kindle for a whole day! 


2 comments:

  1. I usually get quite bored during most battle scenes, which is weird, as it's supposed to be the most gripping part of the book. I think I can understand you wanting the magic to be more distinguished. It's easy for everything to blur together when you read as much as we do. I'm glad you enjoyed this despite everything though! Lovely review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! All the Battle scenes are just boring for me. Thanks I hope you get to read this book too :D

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...