Saturday 25 May 2013

Kiss of Fire by Rebecca L. Ethington

Kiss of Fire (Imdalind #1)Title: Kiss of Fire 
Author: Rebecca Ethington
Release Date: 6th Novermber 2012 
Buy: Amazon


Goodreads Summary

Joclyn Despain has been marred by a brand on her skin. She doesn't know why the mark appeared on her neck, but she doesn't want anyone to see it, including her best friend Ryland, who knows everything else about her. The scar is the reason she hides herself behind baggy clothes, and won't let the idea of kissing Ryland enter her mind, no matter how much she wants to.
The scar is the reason she is being hunted.

If only she knew that she was.

If only she had known that the cursed stone her estranged father sent for her 16th birthday would trigger a change in her. Now, she is being stalked by a tall blonde man, and is miraculously throwing her high school bully ten feet in the air.

Joclyn attempts to find some answers and the courage to follow her heart. When Ryland finds her scar; only he knows what it means, and who will kill her because of it.




From the very start I was gripped by the book and intrigued by what could happen. I had little clue about what the book was about so it was a really pleasant surprise.
 “At five, I hid that part of me away” See what I mean?! How amazing is this one line? Not only does it say that there’s something that Joclyn wanted to keep hidden but there’s a back story- well more to it. I just love this line so much! I could marry it… Well not literally, that’s just weird. But you get the picture.

Everytime I put the book down I could not wait to get back into it, I really did love this story! I picked a crap time to read it though I was meant to be studying for my exams but instead I kept on reading this amazing book. Although the names were awesome and old and unique I didn't particularly like them, I could deal with Joclyn and Ryland even Wyn, but Ovailia and Ilyan and other names were just too weird even for this book.
Anyway I can move past the names issue after all they are from centuries ago and some from other countries so it’s all good.

 I usually know when a book is so freaking good it’s out of this world when I daydream or dream about something to do with the book. I was kinda surprised in a good way that I had a dream about this book- I dreamt that my dream best friend and I were declaring our love to each other or something along those lines and it was weird. Not that this was caused by the book but just the dream and the thought of it. So after my weird dream I knew that I loved this book, the plot, the characters and even the magic that was part of the book. (I don’t really like magic books [like seriously I usually ignore them like the plague] apart from this book)
The story is told amazingly, the development of the plot is done so well that you get sucked in straight into it. It’s believable and easy to follow the one thing that always makes me iffy about magic books I always seem to get lost and never really understand half of what is going on there. But Rebecca made is so easy I hardly noticed it.

I felt like the story should have finished on chapter 32, but after finishing the book I’m not so sure now. I love the ending, the slight cliff hanger but I still believe that the last line on chapter 32 would have been better when finishing it.

I loved the book, but sadly I was not in love with the book- it was missing the wowsa factor. The pow wow I’m-going-to-shove-my-awesomeness-into-your-face. That sadly didn’t happen, I was really hoping it did but no :(




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...