Monday 27 May 2013

Mini Reviews: Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep and Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer

Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

Series: Mythos Academy #4.5
Publisher: K-Teen (Kensington Imprint)
Release Date: June 25th, 2013
Pre-order: Amazon


"I wasn't going to pretend to be anything other than I was- a Spartan out for blood" 

I didn't even know this was from Logan's Pov. I kind of overlooked it because I don't usually read the novella's in between books, however for Logan I had to make an exception.

After the events of the last book, I kind of expected to read a lot more about his feelings about Gwen and how he was miserable about what happened. 

Although there was some of that, it was more focused on Logan as a person and how the events of the previous book changed him. I am glad we got to see him as a character who wasn't defined by how he felt for Gwen. 

There is quite a bit of character development in this short novella, in the beginning of the novella, Logan is kind of depressed, he is trying hard to accept that Loki won't be able to take over him again but he still lives in fear of that. He doesn't really want to get out of the house because people will talk about him and be scared of him. By the end of the novella, the Logan we all knew before the incident is starting to emerge again, no his sense of humor is not returning, but his strength and faith in himself is. 


I think it was really interesting to see the change in the relationship between Logan and his father and I cannot wait to see how that will be explored in the next book.

Overall, I am dying for the next book. GIMME! PLEASE!



Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer

Series: Elemental #2.5
Publisher: K-Teen (Kensington Imprint)
Release Date: April 30th, 2013


“I know you won’t do anything irresponsible.”
Nick never did.

And sometimes he wondered if that was part of the problem.

Even though Michael is my favorite Merick brother, Nick is the one I can relate to most as a person.  He isn’t a bad boy, he is the good guy who people expect to be responsible, to be stable, someone they can count on. But what does he want? He wants to get out, he feel guilty, but he wants to go to a place where he isn’t known, where he isn’t known as half of a unit but as an individual. But at the same time he is afraid because what if he cannot function on his own?

On top of this, he isn’t willing to admit his sexuality. He doesn’t need more problems what with people trying to kill them.

Adam. So he won my heart as soon as we were introduced. He had to leave school after being bullied about his sexuality but he doesn’t let people get to him. He won’t let people scare him because they cannot scare him into being straight (his words). He is a strong character. We need more of him. He has to be in Nick’s story and if he isn’t the love interest then….. I am not even going to contemplate that.


This is torture alright? I don’t think I can wait till Nick’s story. Please give it to me. Pretty please with cherries on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...