Saturday 14 March 2015

Discussion: Why do these type of customers exist?

I am currently babysitting and none of the reviews that I have typed up are with me. So I get to do the second best thing in the world and write a discussion/rant post. Gosh how I love doing these.

This is nothing to do with books, but I just wanted to share my frustration and what better way than on here. Right? 

I have been working in a coffee shop for over a year now, and it's a great job! I don't understand why people feel the need to think it's a crap job. I enjoy it and I love the people I work with. I love mostly everything apart from the horrid customers. 

I hate the ones that tell me the price is too high. I'm sorry sir but you chose to come into this store and I can't just change the prices for you. I wish that I could scream instead of holding all of this behind my fake smile and nod. Why do people wish to complain to me? Write an email to the head of whoever decided on these prices! 

Families. I don't care that you are having a very loving moment but can you please just pick up those dirty baby wipes! I don't want to be walking around picking up baby food and dirty baby wipes. To top this off I once had to throw out a nappy that was just left on a table. Excuse me. Pick that up yourself!

Today I had the pleasure of a man shouting at me and calling me stupid because I didn't know the name of his drink. If it's on the board I know 100% how to make it and I can tell you everything about it. If you just made it up or found it online then you will have to tell me how to make it for you. However this jackass apparently didn't care about the fact that we do not even sell this type of drink and got offended so much that he stormed off saying he will never come back again. 

There is a man that comes in every single Saturday and wants us to change the arrangement of the soft seats as he feels they should be else where. Although this is a really easy problem to fix and most of the time we would be more than happy to oblige but once you're rude enough to everyone we will shrug and tell you that there is nothing we can do. 

Asking me for tap water when I am clearly in the middle of something. I get the fact that you are thirsty and want a drink, but please ask for it at the till! I am making 5+ drinks and making sure everything is stocked up I do not have the time to run across and grab you some water. Although I do it, it really grinds my gears and throws me off balance. 

Closing time means closing time. We all need to get home and clean the store we can't just sit around for you to finish typing away on your laptop. Telling me  5 more minutes is really not going to work either. We have a closing time for a reason and we need to stick by it. 


2 comments:

  1. Man,all these people sound like pieces of work!I've never had experience with working,but I know that some customers can be a pain in the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand - I always try to clean up with I have my nephews with and there is no point complaining about prices! People drive me nuts, if you don't like the prices, go somewhere else!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We appreciate it.
We'll come stop by your blog as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...